HyperLinkEdit is designed to display and edit hyperlinks. End users can invoke the displayed hyperlinks by clicking them or pressing the specified shortcut. The HyperLinkEdit control additionally gives you all the text editing and editor button management features found in the TextEdit and ButtonEdit controls.
The following hyperlink management features are available.
- Customizable link color.
- Hyperlink preprocessing by handling a specially designed event. For instance, you can store e-mail addresses in a bound data field and supply the "mailto:" prefix for links in this event's handler.
- Single or double-click link invocation.
- Customizable shortcut that invokes the hyperlink when the control is focused.
- Customizable display text can differ from the actual hyperlink.
- Any image can be displayed within the text box.