Multi-button Text Editors
ButtonEdit allows you to display buttons within an editor's text box. The following button customization options are available to you:
- Unlimited number or buttons aligned both to the left or right edge of the text box.
- 16 predefined button faces.
- The ability to create buttons that display custom glyphs, custom text or both.
- Shortcuts, hints, visibility, appearance, width and enabled state can be customized for each button individually.
- The ability to disable the text box while editor buttons are enabled. This feature is most commonly used to create combo boxes, spin editors or editors with dropdown forms that don't allow direct text editing.
The ability to hide the text box and show only the editor buttons. This may be useful when using container controls like the XtraGrid. With this feature, you can create columns that display a button or several buttons for each row.
- The editor's and buttons' paint styles can be specified separately.