In Visual Studio 2019, when using the "With" statement in VB.NET, IntelliRush expands the highlighted item to an apostrophe (') instead of the selected IntelliRush text. This only happens when using the "With" statement.
* Visual Studio 2019
* CodeRush 18.2.9
* IntelliRush is turned ON.
Test #1:1. Create a new VB.NET Console app in VS 2019.
2. Ensure IntelliRush is turned ON.
3. Insert the following code for Sub Main:
4. On the blank line immediately after "With reader", type a dot (.). IntelliRush opens a list of properties and methods.[VB.NET]
Sub Main() Using reader As New IO.StreamReader("") With reader End With End Using End Sub
5. Using the keyboard arrow keys, select any property or method and press the Tab key. The dot (.) changes to an apostrophe (').
Test #2:6. Turn IntelliRush OFF and repeat steps #4 and #5.
7. This time the expansion is correct. The dot (.) is replace with the selected property or method.
This behavior does not happen in VS 2017 using IntelliRush. The selection expands as expected. For example, IntelliRush inserts ".BaseStream" when pressing Tab when the "BaseStream" item is highlighted.