Current filter:
                                You should refresh the page.
                                  • hello

                                    We have an issue with the export to Excel function, it happens only on the client machines and we are completely unable to reproduce on our side. It's probably also difficult for you to reproduce but, with your in-depth knowledge on how those exports are done internally by the components, maybe you have some ideas.

                                    files included in the zip
                                    - export1.xlsx : generated on my machine (ExportType.WYSIWYG) -> OK
                                    - export2.xlsx : generated on my machine (ExportType.DataAware) -> OK
                                    - export3.xlsx : generated on the client machine (ExportType.WYSIWYG) -> numbers in column 'C' are strings in excel
                                    - export4.xlsx : generated on the client machine (ExportType.DataAware) -> numbers in column 'C' are strings in excel

                                    If you examine the files you will notice the the 'C' column is correctly represented as numeric in files 1 and 2, but they are 'as text' in files 3 and 4. Same problem happens for the date column (B). The 4 exports were made using the same application so it's not like we can change something in the code because it works fine everywhere except for a specific client. We also tried 'playing' with the regional settings of the client's PC but no matter what we do it's always exported as string.

                                    Do you maybe have an idea or some hints that would give us some investigation clues to resolve this annoying issue ? It would be of a great help.

                                    Thank you.

                                • Igor (DevExpress Support) 09.11.2019

                                  Hello Fabrice,

                                  This information is insufficient to say precisely why this happens. Perhaps the issue is caused by the culture settings on the client machine (XlsxExportOptionsEx.DocumentCulture).
                                  Would you please isolate the behavior you described into a small compilable project? This will help us narrow down the issue and find its cause as soon as possible.
                                  I look forward to your reply.

                                • FABRICE DORSAZ 09.11.2019

                                  Thank you Igor for the reply.

                                  Unfortunately it's impossible to isolate the problem into a compilable project because we are completely unable to reproduce on our side. Every attempt to make a project will end up with a working Excel export.

                                  It just happens to the computers for one of our customers but we, and all other customers, use exactly the same application without any problems. So our question was a bit a 'shot in the dark' to see if you had maybe some ideas and we understand you can't really help with that.

                                  We will investigate the DocumentCulture settings and we will certainly update this ticket if we ever find an explanation.

                                  Thank you.

                                • Igor (DevExpress Support) 09.11.2019

                                  OK, I look forward to your results, Fabrice. Feel free also to provide your project, maybe we can reproduce this behavior on our side. If the project is large, you can upload it using our FTP server:
                                  host: ftp.devexpress.com
                                  login: UPLOAD
                                  pass: HEREYOUARE

                                1 Solution

                                Creation Date Importance Sort by

                                hello

                                As promised a little update, we finally found out that our client had a very specific option enabled in our application and that was triggering the export to be 'as text' (TextExportMode.Text).

                                So nothing was wrong with the components or the PC settings, everything works as expected, we just completely forgot about that option and its impact on the 'export to Excel' function.

                                thanks for the support !

                                • Igor (DevExpress Support) 09.20.2019

                                  I am happy to hear that you have found a solution, Fabrice!
                                  Please feel free to contact us in case of any questions.