UPDATED on Sep 26th 2019
Refer to the attached project (Samplev19.1.zip) and online documentation: .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Standard 2.0 Support.
Prerequisites• XAF v19.2.1+.
• .NET Core 3.0 SDK and runtime Preview 8 or newer.
• Visual Studio 2019 v16.3 Preview 2 or newer.
How to Test1. Open the attached solution in Visual Studio 2019 v16.3 Preview 2 or newer. The sample project uses Microsoft.NET.Sdk.WindowsDesktop SDK and targets netcoreapp3.0.
2. Make sure that versions of installed dependencies are no less than shown in the attached screenshots. Take special note of the following NuGet packages: DevExpress.WindowsDesktop.Xaf and DevExpress.WindowsDesktop.Core. You can install them from the https://nuget.devexpress.com/early-access/api feed (learn more).
3. Run the project Sample.NetCore3.Win. Remember that you are working with an early preview version that didn't go through the same rigorous testing as our official releases. Feel free to contact us in case of any difficulties.
1. Even though the Security System modules are available, they do not currently provide the WCF-related functionality. It is unlikely that a replacement solution based on technologies like in EasyTest above will be ready by the v19.2 release time, so only Integrated Mode is available at this time. We have also cleaned the new package from the ancient security system implementations based on IPermission, ISecuritySimple, etc.
2. Known issues that affect other standard XAF functionality:
- https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/12180 - important for the Application Model compilation and cache libraries like ModelAssembly.dll. We currently use Roslyn API in certain scenarios.
- https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/24829 - important for tracing options in configuration files.
Unsupported modules in this preview are:
• Modules that will not be supported permanently due to .NET Core platform limitations or due to deprecated status:
1. All ASP.NET WebForms and Mobile (Maintenance Mode) modules: DevExpress.ExpressApp.Web*, DevExpress.ExpressApp.*Mobile, DevExpress.ExpressApp.DataService.
Our primary focus in 2020 will be on XAF’s Blazor UI but we will do what we can to address the needs of those reliant on our ASP.NET WebForms UI.
2. DevExpress.ExpressApp.HtmlPropertyEditor.Win, DevExpress.ExpressApp.Reports.Win, DevExpress.ExpressApp.Workflow.* (related discussion)
• Modules temporarily unsupported in this preview and that will likely be supported in the final release:
1. EasyTest modules: DevExpress.EasyTest, TestExecutor, DevExpress.ExpressApp.EasyTest.*. Instead of .NET Remoting, we are forced to use Kestrel web server with ASP.NET Core, gRPC or other options.
2. EF modules: DevExpress.ExpressApp.*EF and DevExpress.Persistent.*EF.
3. DevExpress.ExpressApp.ReportsV2, DevExpress.XtraWizard, DevExpress.BonusSkins, DevExpress.XtraCharts.Extensions, DevExpress.XtraReports.Extensions and some other libraries that we forgot for this early-access NuGet feed or which are not yet ready. If you are missing any library, please specify its name not to miss anything.
Show all comments