This is consistent for me. Maybe, by some miracle, you'll be able to reproduce.
* In .cs file. Code behind for xaml control.
* have local variable with 3 references to it in one method.
* With caret on that variable, choose refactor "promote to field"
* Move the position indicator to top of listing near other private members.
* Hit enter to accept position.
* Immediately rename the new private member.
* Hit tab to navigate back to the first of the other references to it.
* Wait for a few seconds; can't remember if it happened here or after hitting enter once to take CR out of the "tab through references" mode.
Show all comments