This example demonstrates how to create an End-User Reporting Application similar to a WinForms application that stores reports in the web server's filesystem. The ASPxFileManager control is used to implement the file Open and Save dialog boxes.
Important Note: Data modifications are not allowed in our code examples, so there is code in the FilesystemReportStorageWebExtension class's SetData and SetNewData methods that throws exceptions when a report is saved. You should comment out these lines in the mentioned methods after downloading this code example to allow data modifications on your side.
How to integrate the Web Report Designer into a web application
Files to look at:
• Default.aspx.cs (VB: Default.aspx.vb)
• FileDialogControl.ascx (VB: FileDialogControl.ascx)
• FileDialogControl.ascx.cs (VB: FileDialogControl.ascx.vb)
• FilesystemReportStorageWebExtension.cs (VB: FilesystemReportStorageWebExtension.vb)
• Global.asax.cs (VB: Global.asax.vb)
• ClientFileDialogControl.js (VB: ClientFileDialogControl.js)