I like to create custom templates, embeddings, etc. in CodeRush tailored to my company's use. I'd like to save these settings in a location so they follow me wherever I am, i.e. office, home, etc. In fact it would be also nice to share "team settings" so my devs can use the same customizations.
I'm currently using Microsoft Skydrive as I have 25GB free space. I changed the user settings location in CR to use my Skydrive folder created. The folder size is nearly 2GB.
Please consider isolating out the customizations from the log files and solution cache folder so we can isolate these items and keep them small.
We already provide an option to store cache files in a separate folder. Please do the following:
1. From the DevExpress menu, select "Options...".
2. In the tree view on the left, navigate to this folder:
3. Select the "Settings" options page.
This page level is Advanced, and will only be visible if the Level combo box on the lower-left of the Options dialog is set to Advanced or Expert.
4. Specify a folder where you wish the cache files to be stored.
However, it is currently impossible to store log files and settings separately. We will consider adding another option for this purpose.
Is your intention to post an answer to your own question?
- If so, then proceed.
- If you simply wanted to post additional information, ask for further clarification, or to just say "Thanks!", please click Leave a Comment.
- If you wish to edit your original question, please use the Edit button in the Toolbox at the top right corner of that entry.