Please modify E977 to better illustrate how to work with custom fields that are bound to a database. As I will explain, I doubt I am the first, nor will I be the last with these questions.
In the example E977, the only custom field added is a calcualted field. After reading the explainations (below) and tickets my head is spinning. For the beginner like myself the instructions in you knowledge base are not intelligible.
Having said that, I find your examples clarify these concepts. Could you please add other custom fields like "contact"," location","description" to demonstrate adding plain text fields that are bound to a database?
I have tried for hours to implement E977 into my winforms app without success:
- I get the form to read the non-custom fields only. Strangely, If I change the label or status, nothing happens.
- If I change the resource, nothing happens.
- Incidently, the resource field allows me to select more than one resource, and I need it to allow ONLY one resource selection
ie - an ppointment can only be in one room at a time
I am confident that an update to E977 will show me the path to understanding and implementing these concepts.
Thanks in advance for the assistance
In one set of instructions it reads:
3. If your application's scheduling data contains some custom fields, which should also be edited and then saved via your custom Edit Appoinment form, then it's necessary to inherit from the AppointmentFormController class and write properties to support your mapped custom fields.
Somewhere else it states:
When creating your own appointment editing form, you should implement methods
for initializing the form controls, input validation and saving the information
using the descendant of the AppointmentFormController class.
If your application's scheduling data contains custom fields, which should
also be edited and then saved via your custom Edit Appoinment form, add
properties of the AppointmentFormController descendant to support your mapped
Note that "location" and "description" fields can be mapped via regular (non-custom) mappings:
this.schedulerStorage1.Appointments.Mappings.Description = "Description" this.schedulerStorage1.Appointments.Mappings.Location = "Location"
As for the "contact info" field, you can use the approach illustrated in the How to: Create a Custom EditAppointment Form with Custom Fields help section to implement custom field editing.
Incidently, the resource field allows me to select more than one resource, and I need it to allow ONLY one resource selection
Disable the AppointmentStorageBase.ResourceSharing option for this purpose.
Is your intention to post an answer to your own question?
- If so, then proceed.
- If you simply wanted to post additional information, ask for further clarification, or to just say "Thanks!", please click Leave a Comment.
- If you wish to edit your original question, please use the Edit button in the Toolbox at the top right corner of that entry.