If I create a simple report with at least two Lookup-type report filter it throws an exception on th web.
The whole solution is attached. You will need the standard SQL Server AdventureWorksLT sample database in your local database server.
Steps to reproduce also provided.
Thanks in advance,
Steps to Reproduce:
1. I've created a new XAF solution. Add Reporting to both the web and the win model.
2. Domain objects were generated from the existing database. Only Products, ProductCategory and ProductModel were decorated with DefaultClassOptions and renamed.
3. Execute Win project. The three domain classes are appeared in the navigation menu. OK.
4. Go to Reports and create a new Report via Wizard.
5. Use Products as Data Type.
6. Select Product category, model, name, and List Price fields. Group by category and by model, respectively.
7. I want to filter the report data by product category, and by product model.
8. Therefore I add two parameters. One for ProductCategory, and one for Product Model.
9. Add Filter string: [ProductCategoryID] = ?parameterCategory And [ProductModelID] = ?parameterModel
10. Go to Preview. Select a category and model. It's ok.
11. Save the Report.
12. Select the report in the list and execute in Win project.
13. It lists the categories and models. Select "Mountain Bikes" as category, and "Mountain - 100" as model. It filters. OK.
14. Start Web project.
15. Go to Reports function. Select report. Click to run. it fails to open popup window.
We are currently unable to serve your request: http://localhost:54169/Dialog.aspx?WindowID=45479350&ShortcutViewID=ReportViewer_DetailView&ShortcutObjectKey=1&ShortcutObjectClassName=DevExpress.ExpressApp.Reports.ReportData&Shortcutmode=View.
We apologize, but an error occurred and your request could not be completed.
You could go back and try again , or retry your request: http://localhost:54169/Dialog.aspx?WindowID=45479350&ShortcutViewID=ReportViewer_DetailView&ShortcutObjectKey=1&ShortcutObjectClassName=DevExpress.ExpressApp.Reports.ReportData&Shortcutmode=View.
Hide Error details Error ID: 1113762f-aa67-476e-aa33-6632fdb49c65
Date: 2011.11.07. 18:30:31
Request type: GET
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)
User IP: ::1
Authenticated user: [no name]
The error occurred:
Message: Multiple controls with the same ID 'DD' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.
Data: 0 entries
16. If I delete one of the parameters. It works again. Because it will be only one dropdown control.
thank you for your response. Fixed means, that the resolution will be shipped with the next release. If so, pls. tell me when it is expected to be.
However there is an other issue connected to this problem. In the same solution.
On the web no Search popup appears for the parameter lookup control, in the case of the category selection. If the elements are not too many the dropdown lookup control appears correctly.
I've tried to change the LookupEditorMode property for the Product business object to AllItems, but didn't help.
Thank you for the feedback. Yes, this fix will be available with version 11.1.9, which we plan to release in a few weeks. No exact promises as always.
If your deadline doesn't allow you to wait for the release, feel free to request a hot fix build. Refer to the http://community.devexpress.com/blogs/ctodx/archive/2008/07/10/getting-your-fix-the-devexpress-way.aspx blog post for more information about this service.
As for the second issue you found, I am afraid we cannot easily fix this because XtraReports expect ASPxEdit descendants as parameter editors, while the editor used in a Search mode is not ASPxEdit but rather a regular table.
If this functionality is important for you, you can post a suggestion to the XtraReports team to allow using custom editors for parameters that are not ASPxEdit descendants.
Please let us know if we can help you further.
Is your intention to post an answer to your own question?
- If so, then proceed.
- If you simply wanted to post additional information, ask for further clarification, or to just say "Thanks!", please click Leave a Comment.
- If you wish to edit your original question, please use the Edit button in the Toolbox at the top right corner of that entry.