The Gauge Control provides built-in presets for horizontal and vertical linear gauges. Each Gauge ships with multiple styles.
Depending on the preset you've selected, a gauge initially contains one or two scales. If you need more scales or if you are designing a Gauge from scratch, you can manually add a scale via the gauge's smart tag. Once scales have been created, you can click them to access their settings via the Properties window. This allows you to customize the following settings.
- Upper and lower scale limits
- Current value (can be bound to a data field)
- Major tick mark visibility, appearance, frequency and label text format
- Minor tick mark visibility, appearance and frequency
- Scale dimenstions and position
The following elements are available for current value indicators.
- Level bars.
- Range bars (require an anchor value to be specified so that one end points to this value, while the other end points to the bound scale's current value).
You can further enhance your gauge by adding the following elements:
- Freely-arranged text labels
Embedded state indicator gauges
Needless to say, you can change location, orientation and appearance settings for all elements listed above.